ESS CHASSIS BASE The ESS provides ultimate ergonomics and features! The MDT ESS chassis is designed with its own buttstock for perfect ergonomics and is designed to use AR15 style pistol grips (purchased separately), and allows for customization with a wide variety of accessories. The ESS Chassis System includes chassis, buttstock and forend.
The ESS retains our proven V-block bedding system to form a solid and reliable base for the rifle action. The magazine well has been refined for easy insertion of the magazine, while reducing rattle and movement. The tab style magazine release has been replaced with a semi-flush ambidextrous paddle that can easily be activated by a weak or strong hand. The recoil lug mortise has been designed to accommodate most aftermarket recoil lugs, and the trigger area will accommodate most aftermarket triggers.
A serrated barricade stop has been added to the front of the magazine well, and a polymer forend grip at the balance point adds comfort. The wide fore-grip area combined with the octagonal profiled forend tube offers flexible options when shooting over bags or improvised rests.
Thumb shelves have been added to both sides of the chassis for shooters who prefer an open grip.
The most significant change is the incorporation of the ESS chassis specific buttstock interface, rather than the traditional AR pattern interface. This allows us to place the pistol grip in optimum relation to the trigger, while still allowing the shooter to choose from the wide variety of AR pattern pistol grips which suit their preference.
The MDT ESS chassis comes with its own butt-stock, similar to our Skeleton Rifle Stock. It is fully adjustable including lateral adjustment for the butt-pad and the cheek rest. Cheek rest height and butt-pad length-of-pull are adjustable by thumb wheels.
- Weight: Chassis system including forend and buttstock is between 4.4 to 4.8lbs (depending on action)
- Length of Pull: 13.4″ – 14.4″ (Based on Remington 700)
- Ambidextrous, easy reach magazine latch – can be operated with trigger finger or left hand
- The extra large magazine well for easy mag insertion/removal
- Barricade stop in front of the magazine to prevent putting pressure on the magazine
- Angled front profile with hand grip for minute vertical adjustments and comfort/protection from the elements
- Thumb rests on both sides of the chassis
- Wide front profile for extra comfort/stability when resting on flat surfaces
- Stock height at comb and heel – 0.5” below bore centerline. 1.0” of riser adjustability
- Allows for barrel contours up to 1.300” straight taper. (Note that at larger barrel diameters there is less space in the forend to accommodate internal attachments such as QD cups, M-lok, and sling swivels)
- Accepts AICS pattern magazines for both short and long action. (3.715” long action)
- Accepts aftermarket lugs up to 0.375 thick and tapered
- Compatible with all non-beavertail AR pattern pistol grips. Beavertail grips will fit with minor trimming
- CNC machined from Aircraft grade Aluminum and finished with H-series Cerakote. Cheek-piece, fore-grip, and butt-pad constructed of composites
- Remington 700 Short Action
- Remington 700 Long Action
- Savage Short Action, Models 10,11,12 and 16
- Savage Long Action, Models 110, 111, 112 and 116
- Savage Long Action CIP .338 Lapua Magnum – Requires MDT 3.85″ Magazines
- Savage Axis – Short Calibers
- Tikka T3 Short Calibers
- Tikka T3 Long Calibers – Requires MDT 3.56 Magazine
- Howa 1500 / Weatherby Vanguard – Short Caliber – Only works with MDT Polymer Magazines – No V-block due to the flat bottom action
- Howa 1500 / Weatherby Vanguard – Long Calibers – No V-block due to the flat bottom action
- Browning X-bolt Short Calibers – Only works in .308 and .243 calibers
- Stiller Tac .338
- Ruger American Short Action
- Winchester XPR Short Action
- Lithgow 102 SA
- Bergara B-14
- Full size bolt, Remington 700 Clones may be supported, contact Customer Support for more information about your action